Monday, January 2, 2017

Bomb Laden Hills


Ever since I was a little girl,
I saw the world through wondrous eyes
Of crystal-lit waters under moonlit skies
Of Green fields under colored rainbows
And early morning cries-

Of red-breasted robins
And herring fishes that jumped out
Of water onto porcelain dishes.

Of pale sheers that fluttered
Through stained-glass windows
Between oak ladened shutters

Ever since I was a little girl
I saw the world with wondrous eyes
Undistorted with flaws or long
Sharp claws of greed and hunger and lies

Undisturbed by human pain
Of gunshot wounds, financial ruins
And the bite of acid rain.

Of filthy waters under bomb-laden hills
Of crack cocaine, needles, alcohol and pills.

Untouched by the harm brought
To a child
Unscathed by the extinction of the
Call of the wild.

Ever since I was a little girl
I looked at the world through wondrous eyes
So what ever happened to paradise?

No comments:

Post a Comment