Friday, January 18, 2013

R.I.P. Alan Laine (1958 - 2013)


With a heavy heart and a painful shock to hear of the passing of my ex husband Alan Laine on Friday January 11th in 2013.   The greatest part of you is still alive in our sons Al. He had the most amazing work ethic. The saddest thing of all is that he never lived to reach his retirement. 
 Although we had the best and worst of times, we were young, and each of us made mistakes he was always there to provide for me and my sons no matter what, and I always told him that if I was stuck in the middle of the ocean without any oars, I would never be afraid because I would know he would get us home, and in a sense he always did. He wasn't perfect, but neither am I and none of us are. 

I'll always remember that time you woke me up at 4 am because you had painted the front of that old house we moved into on Pape Avenue because I was so embarrassed by the peeling of the paint and the broken down porch. Although I couldn't quite make it out and he seemed so excited by his handiwork, I could see in plain view the next bright sunny morning, that I was now the proud owner of the only pitch, black shiny house on the street :) I told him I loved it...and never did have the heart to tell him otherwise... 


In the end we resolved to the fact that although we loved each other, our lives drifted apart but one thing that held us together and will eternally is the result of our love and that is our sons.  He was a great dad, and will be missed.

---------------------------------------------

When our lives are over, sometimes all we have left is that someone cares that we are gone.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment